Tuesday, March 17, 2009

birds vs. skulls vs. beards vs. birdskulls vs. blogs

I've completely slacked lately on updating ye olde blog, and I've justified it (in my own head) by considering my recent twitter activity to be condensed alternatives. For that, I apologize. The good news is that I've been busy working on new art, art projects and working from my new editorial post at work. (You might notice an AP style implementation occurring here. <---particularly here...single spaces after periods.)

Cara and I are in the midst of working on the closing reception for the current Dunn Bros installation. We haven't consumed our whiskey quota just yet, but there's no need to fret. We'll do our damndest to make APRIL 4th (PUT THIS DATE IN YOUR CALENDAR) an asskicktacular event for the ages. Although this is the same night as the second day for the Deep Ellum Arts festival, there's no reason why you can't do both.

Speaking of Deep Ellum, I've been working like a crazy ass on new work for Kettle Art's Birds vs. Skulls show coming up this saturday. My neighbor was gracious enough to lend me some air-hardening sculpting material, so I decided to experiment with these pieces.

Check out the work in progress.

No comments: