Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank You, Betsy Lewis!

A few weeks back, Betsy Lewis of KERA (Dallas' own PBS/NPR media affiliate) stopped by my garage to shoot some video footage of my creative space. Today, at around 4:00 PM my eyes bulged out of my skull and my heart filled with excitement (could have been the Dunn Bros. dark roast coffee) when the lovely Ms. Lewis sent me a text message notifying me that the video was live on the Art and Seek blog.

Dedicated to cultural advocacy in North Texas, KERA and Art and Seek are strong community pillars, ornately decorated by the local arts scene. Thanks to folks like Betsy Lewis, this mission can be witnessed day in and day out on Channel 13, 90.1 FM, kera.org and artandseek.org. She and the rest of our wonderful public broadcasting staff are taking to the streets, galleries, theaters and lecture halls to ensure cultural awareness in our neck of the woods.

For the love of brevity, I appreciate that.

For the love of North Texas (and maybe for the sake of my ego), check out Betsy's post and see my mug in video form right here.

P.S. I had been slacking on submitting the information for our upcoming Dunn Bros. Teeth and Tongue closing reception / art show roundup to the Art and Seek events calendar, but someone went above and beyond by creating this event for us. Thanks for picking up my slack.

No comments: