Monday, March 2, 2009

I Suck at Music...But MC MOLEMAN is Wicked!

My roommates think I've officially gone insane after this weekend. Since around Wednesday last week I had been working on what I originally intended to be a Countryesque musical sequel to "Molemen Have Hearts, Too." I was inspired to continue using the "Chuck the Mole" character I created for Mission #1 in Operation Unicrog, and I figured his hickish qualities would translate beautifully in to music for Mission #3 (Create a song/rap and make a music video).

Alas, my complete lack of musical talent and experience got the best of me and I made the mistake of writing the song and recording it, without any natural rhythmic ability mind you, before my friends (real musicians) could work on it. Despite the efforts of my talented homies, Zac Cadwalader of Halcyon Nights and Amber Farris of Somebody's Darling, I had laid such a poor foundation that the project was doomed from the get-go.

I resolved to come back to the Countryesque style at a later time so I wouldn't muddy my friends' names with the horrifying pile of antimusic I made and turned to Garageband loops to change the project's direction.

And that should explain what you are about to see below.

Be on the lookout for a fuller, bigger and better production in the near future.



Special thanks to:

Amber, Zac, Jon, Faye and Matt for your guidance, time, support, and acting skillz.

No comments: