Friday, November 20, 2009

The Illustrabet Project!

Alright...

So, as an exercise I decided to illustrate each letter of the alphabet in my sketchbook today. It all started with the personified apple character in the middle of the illustration, and I was going to continue page by page, creating individual drawings per letter. However, recalling a few inspirational sources like Highlights Kids magazine that used to hypnotize me at the dentist's office, I wondered what I could dream up, quasi-cohesively on one page.

I've decided to make it a bit of a game for folks to find each letter's illustrated representation. All letters are represented as nouns in this "alphastration" and I invite you all to take a gander and point out what element represents each letter respectively. Feel free to click on the image for a full-sized version. I'll post the "answer key" in a day or two.

Extra points for creative interpretation.

Enjoy!





No comments: