I've come up with a list of 22 questions that I have been and will continue to send out to friends in the arts community. Last night, I emailed a test drive version of the survey to some great people and I can't wait to post the responses.
Once I firm up the logistics of the project, I'll be casting a wider net with the survey and adding a few twists. In the meanwhile, here's a sneak peek at the questions. And, of course, if you feel inclined to fill out the questionnaire, you can copy and paste the questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reply by commenting on this post.
Email Address: (if you've received this via email, there is, of course no need to populate this area)
1. Are you a practicing artist? (If yes, please describe your work in a sentence or two. If no, please describe your connection/interest in the arts community).
2. What is your primary artistic medium?
3. What do you dabble in (artistically)?
4. Where do you live (generally, not creepily)?
5. Aside from your studio, what physical, local space inspires you the most?
6. What is your favorite part of town?
7. Norm had Cheers. The gang on Saved by the Bell had The Maxx. Where would you be considered a "regular?"
8. What is your (alcoholic) beverage of choice?
9. What is your (non-alcoholic) beverage of choice?
10. What would your last supper consist of?
11. What 3 world-famous artists (visual artists, actors, directors, writers, musicians etc.), dead or alive, inspire you the most?
12. What 3 almost famous people, artists or non-artists, dead or alive inspire you the most?
13. Name 3 bands/musicians that you dig immensely:
14. Name 3 movies that you dig immensely:
15. What book are you currently reading?
16. Do you work a "regular" 9-5 job?
17. Where were you born?
18. How long have you lived where you live?
19. At what time of the day do you feel most creative?
20. If you went to college, what was your major?
21. If you went to college, what was your minor?
22. In a haiku, please describe a memory from childhood.